Some of my research interests are:
- Heat transfer by impinging jets under different inflow conditions
- Heat transfer by nano-fluids
- Investigations on efficacy of RANS models under different strains. The validation of different turbulence models using European Research Community on Flow, Turbulence and Combustion (ERCOFTAC) data is an on going interesting inquiry.
- Design and development of a Gorlov Turbine. Gorlov turbine is a helical bladed turbine that is essentially used in large volume, low head circumstances for a river stream where a dam is not a practical option. Such a turbine can be used in rivers in tropical region which are flowing at low velocity for power generation. In tropical areas river is a renewable source of energy that has an unpredictable water flow rate depending on the amount of rainfall.
- Cleaning of river is important task for the river ecology and nature. Brunei river is connected to South-China Sea and is main place for fishery activities in Brunei capital region. Royal Brunei Technical Services (RBTS) is funding this project and as principal investigator I would be making a mechanism for garbage collection floating over river surface. The duration of project is one year.